Thursday, April 2, 2009

To Utah we Go!

So some people who don't know much about the LDS (Mormon) church may think of Utah as "what's special about Utah"? Well, my answer to that question: more than you know.

I actually thought the same thing before I started attending the LDS church, but now I know more about Utah than I ever would've thought.

Why am I posting about this? Well, the bishop of our ward decided to invite along some guys from the young men's quorum to drive all the way out to Utah and attend General Conference on Sunday... IN PERSON.

I caught a glimpse of GC on television a year ago, and I was stunned at how many people there were, and that huge pipe organ, and... WOW.

So this evening we're gonna get into the 15-seat van our Bishop rented just for the trip, and drive out towards Ellensburg, then stop at Minor's Burgers, a restaurant where they apparently make these HUGE hamburgers, etc. Then we drive through the night until we reach Salt Lake. Pretty cool, huh? I'm not trying to be cocky, but I'm pretty excited.

I'll post again when I get back, and tell you guys about everything we did!

4 comments:

  1. That is SO awesome, Andy... I wish I was able to go with you... Next Time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy and excited for you Andy. You're young enough to enjoy a place like Miners I guess. For me though, how big something is has nothing to do with how much I'm going to like it. I think it must be a guy thing, because the only people I ever hear rave about Miners are guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andy Roo- I finally got around to readign this adn I am so excitd for you. Well at this point I am excited for you to come home! I have missed you and prayed that your time in Utah was wonderful and that your spirit was filled with good stuff at GC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now that you're home (and sleeping!) I can't wait to get home from work tonight and hear all the details!

    ReplyDelete