Friday, April 17, 2009

@#&%*?!!

I've heard this is pretty common in any school nowadays, but at Foss High, one of the big things everyone does is SWEAR. It's almost like we're on a pirate ship or something, and the students are all sailors.

But, as I discovered today, they don't just swear out loud...

Okay, so last week (I think) in English class we made our own word searches and crossword puzzles. Today, our teacher had xeroxed them and we got to solve other people's puzzles. Well, the crossword puzzle was easy, but the word searches were kinda tough. I had a hard time finding the actual words we were looking for, because the one who made the puzzle I ended up with got his letters mixed up and misspelled some words. Ironically, though, while having trouble finding those words, I easily found SIX profanities written in that puzzle. No joke.

Really, is it THAT much to go 10 seconds without saying (or writing) something obscene? At least I know better...

That's all for today.

P.S: Dad/Cindy, be sure to say hi to Uncle Brian, Aunt Garnett and Elder Cram for me!

5 comments:

  1. Well said Andy! That was the worst part of high school. Especially in the halls. I loved going to BYU-Idaho because there was no profanity, and everybody had the same standards I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason I'm considering BYU for my first college choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. that's pretty bold, putting their nastiness right in the English class assignment... and oh, so typical that they mis-spelled the legit words. I'm sorry you had to deal with that riff-raff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweetie, feel good that it bothers you, if more people had your dignity they would realize just how stupid they appear when talking like that.
    I don't understand people who swear that much. Our language has so many wonderful words and sadly young people these days (most, obviously not all) seem to have a vocabulary of maybe 30 words or so. And most of those are swear words. These are the last days I know, but Geez, can't they at least show a little class?

    ReplyDelete