Thursday, April 23, 2009

Music at School

So, at Foss, we have a new radio station of our own. But, don't get the wrong idea, we're not playing nasty, violent music that most guys at my school listen to on their MP3s...

Instead, we had music from the 60's and 70's. No kidding. One song that came on this morning in 1st period was "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night (you know, "Jeremiah was a bullfrog... he was a good friend of mine"?).


So that was interesting, but while I walking to 5th period from lunch, I held the door open for people coming through, and one guy who walked past had his MP3 on, with the volume up really high.


Now, the whole thing about the kind of junk most guys at school listen to, like Fitty-Cent and Johnny D? Well, believe it or not, this guy was listening to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." You know, this one?:

Some guys who were walking on past him said, "Yo, what's that dude listening to?". I couldn't help saying out loud, "That was Rick Astley, man!".

5 bucks he didn't understand a word I said there, except maybe "man"...

That's all for today!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to have been raised by a dad who really knows his music, Roo. My kids quite often give me credit for their knowledge of the really good music they know. I hate what has been done to "music" these days. It's absolutely obscene what passes for music now. The only good thing is to know that "This too shall pass". Hopefully not to be followed by something even worse.

    ReplyDelete