Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Favorites at General Conference

Okay, so as I said on my last post, I took plenty of notes at GC, and there were some I thought were really special, so I'm gonna just post some here:

  • "I LOVE YOU": Three most loving words.
  • When faced with a decision to buy or consume, say "we can't afford it even if we want it", or "we CAN afford it, but we don't need it, nor do we really want it."
  • No matter how rich or how poor, that 1/10 we tithe will bring great blessings. (Even if only one cent!)
  • A good seed planted in your heart shall expand your soul.
  • If duties are done in the temple, we will reach the celestial kingdom of heaven.
  • Some of life's greatest lessons come from the experiences of those before you.
  • Spirit prison, where spirits of those who are indignant of the wrath of God, is often referred to as "H-E-double-hockey-sticks", where you stay for eternity, but all spirits are delivered up at the resurrection. (THIS is good to know.)
  • Destructive D's: doubt, discouragement, distraction, disbelief, disobedience, lack of diligence.
  • Do not take anything addictive or harmful. (That means you, tobacco and alcohol!)
  • Two are better than one, as if one falls, he has a helping hand.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew, I was thinking of you while I was watching conference. It makes me so happy to see you accepting and loving the gospel so much.
    Love Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this points and will come back and read them often.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete