Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Good Deed for the Day

Today, in 4th period (where I'm a T.A. for the Special Education P.E. class), all of the students were gone at Camp Seymour, so us T.A.'s just did laps around the track outside.

But when we finished, I noticed a black hooded "Foss Baseball" sweatshirt laying on the ground beside the track. The sweater was back-side up, so I saw the name of the owner on the back.

I RECOGNIZED THAT NAME!

So I kept the sweater with me through lunch and 5th period, then in 6th period, I gave it back to its rightful owner (the one who dropped it is one of my Biology classmates), and she thanked me for getting it back to her.

This answers a hypothetical question: If you see a sweater lying on the ground and you recognize the last name on the back of it, do you pick it up and get it back to its owner, or just leave it lying there?

My answer: PICK IT UP!

Andrew Brinkerhoff... gee, I've run out of ideas of how to finish this line. Can you give me some suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I am glad the sweater fell into your hands and not some philanderer who trifles with unsuspecting women's hearts.
    Boy, that is tough to come up with a good sign off that hasn't been over used. How about "Janice's delightful nephew"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, for obvious reasons, I LOVE that you work as a TA for the disabled kids. The kids that worked with Shawn's classes were some of the finest students in the whole school in my opinion. So I'm not at all surprised, just extremely pleased.
    I like your sign out, but I did have one thought.

    "Well, that's what I think. I'm off to ride my bike."

    It's kinda wordy, which isn't always good, but it gives a pretty good validation to whatever you wrote and it's fun to remind people that along with writing (which you do very well btw)you are also a bike riding maniac!
    Love Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy I am so proud of you for doing the right thing! I had an oppertunity today also,not a missing sweatshirt but a choice to make just the same.
    When I went grocery shopping today Danee was real fussy from all those shots. So I hurried through the check stand. When I got out to the car I noticed that my pack of Coke had been hiden under the cart from Danees car seat... I thought " I bet the cashier missed this" after checking the reciept it was confirmed that I had not been charged. Soooo back into the store I went reciept and Coke in hand to pay for my stolen merchandise. I have to admit though the thought DID enter my mind "the baby is crying just forget it and go home". I am glad I didn't though,it always feels so much better to do the right thing :)

    I love you! Oh and "Marvin out", would be a nice simple sign off ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty awesome for a day where you started out being down on yourself for being selfish... I'm VERY proud of you for not just leaving it!! You're my hero!

    ReplyDelete