Saturday, March 28, 2009

Shyness

When my Dad did a post on his blog called "Five Largely Unknown Things about Mike", he mentioned he was extremely shy. He said he knew a lot of people didn't believe this about him. I'm one of those people.


See, I know my Dad, as a DJ, is always being social with others, so to me there's NO WAY he's shy.

I also happen to be shy, but much much more so than Dad. I think it may have something to do with my autism (Asperger Syndrome). I find it a challenge just to look someone in the eye while talking to them. Actually, I can't remember the last time I looked someone right in the eye while having a conversation. Dad seems to do this without any trouble at all, although he may just be "pretending", as he said in his post.

TTFN (Ta-ta for now)

2 comments:

  1. You've done a great job "pretending" this weekend, with all the company we've had in and out of the house! And what a great Journaling Post for you to look back on when you're older!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really beginning to think that the majority of people we know are shy (and have a lot of Asperger tendencies too)I think there is a small minority of super social types that make the rest of us feel inferior. Let the shy people of the world with Asperger tendencies unite!
    PS can you add me to your list of people who get an email when you post?

    ReplyDelete