Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dear Diary...: Fourth Period Missing. $12,000 reward if found.

This was kind of an interesting day...

When Dad picked me up for seminary, we had to drive to the District Office, as when I took the second writing WASL last Thursday, I forgot to sign my name on the front. So, since we had to drive from the church to the office, then the office to my school, I got there a few minutes late. Dad wrote me a note, and I was off the hook (though my first period teacher didn't mind: they had just started).

First three periods went as normal, then...


For fourth period, I am a teacher's assistant in the special needs P.E. program. But most of our class took off today on a field trip, and my teacher, Ms. Cowling, had no idea, so class was cut for the day.

Fourth period goes for one hour, then lunch for a half-hour. So I had just under an hour of spare time on my hands. I have a couple of "acquaintances" in my P.E. class, and I was thinking they'd just hang out at school, and I'd be near them so I wouldn't be by myself. But it turned out they were "going somewhere", so I was stuck.

I ended up staying at the library for half the "period", listening to my MP3 player to keep myself occupied (I, like my Dad, am a big music person). Then I decided I was still pretty bored just sitting there, so I just made my way back to the cafeteria...

Ms. Cowling spotted me, and gave me a job: one of the students who decided not to go on the field trip left his lunch on the bus, and he can only eat Cool Ranch Doritos, so Ms. Cowling gave me a big bag of 'em that she had, and told me to take them to Ms. Gherke, who was back at the special education room. I went to give them to her, and she was so pleased with this that she gave a $5 (or maybe $10) bill to give to Ms. Cowling. So I went back to the cafeteria to give it to her, but she said she didn't want it, so I was hustling back to the special needs room, and I gave it back. Then I went back to the cafeteria.

Note that my backpack feels like it weighs 50 pounds, and I had a note in one hand, and a lunchbox in the other, so it got pretty tiring going back and forth and back and forth and...

But then again, when you think about it, I probably got my exercise in even when there was no class!

Andrew Brinkerhoff, signing off (hey, that rhymes!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, so many things about your day make me think it's actually a R&J strip! There's seriously a kid who only eats cool ranch doritos? I'd love to hear the medical explanation for that...

    And your backpack is AT LEAST 50 pounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi buddy, What a day! I think i may have gotten annoyed with all that back and forth.


    it's a good thing you are a patient lad! Did you ever get to eat lunch? Those cool ranch doritos sound yummy! That would be some diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andy, cool blog. I liked your story for the day. I'll look forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete