Monday, March 23, 2009

My Writing Hobby

I have quite a few hobbies that I like to do in my spare time. I play video games, read, ride my bike, and... write stories.





I've been writing stories for years, and it was never really something I did all the time for a while, just something I did every now and then. But I think last year in 2008, I wrote probably over 30 stories/books. Yep, I was busy.





I hope to get some of my books on here, or possibly on the family blog. I write AND illustrate both of my books. I'm also a pretty good artist, and I did some work on the family blog, with the hand-drawings of Tyler playing various sports or the current blog title panel.





I've created a lot of universes in my writing, such as "Cook Andrew's Stew", where my cartoon counterpart wears a chef hat and heads and works at "Andy's Diner", or "The Counter", a series about three boys who find a magic pedometer and use it to travel to different dimensions.





My latest series I've completed, however, is my favorite, called "Secret Agent Stick". I got the idea from a comic strip I was doodling in class when I was bored. I thought I might be able to write a story about the character, and wrote the first book, dubbed "A Short Novel in Cartoons", in a single week. It was 50 pages long too. I showed it to a lot of people and they really liked it, so I decided to create a sequel, and then a second sequel after that.





My friend at school, Aidan Hunt, really liked the books too, so he decided to create his own universe: the world of "Nick Nacho"!!! Nick is a taco-loving moron who is also a HUGE Agent Stick fan. This was pretty cool, inspiring someone to create their own book. I did this with the Puddle Jumpers a couple of times too, reading my books to some of the boys and them creating their own stories.





I always thought my talent was on the pogo stick (I once went for 30 minutes straight, non-stop), or video games (I've beaten a couple), but I realized later on that my true talent lies in writing.





Dad, after reading most of my first SAS book, thought it would make a great cartoon, so I thought, "Ah, what the heck", and came up with this:





It'll be about 15-20 minutes long, and done in some animation program. Me, Dad and Kaylee will be doing the voices, and it'll hopefully turn out good!

That's all for now.

1 comment: