Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'M ON FIRE!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Today in 3rd Period, Auto Maintenance, we went back into the shop to finally do some actual WORK (No more computer assignments!).

Our new section in the curriculum is using a cutting torch, sort of like this one:
Believe me, I wasn't too brave this time, being the 4th or 5th person to give it a shot, but I still did all right, and cut a piece of metal off of a big chunk of it. What was really weird is how the metal turned to liquid as I got in close and pressed the trigger.

That's all for today. Mr. Brinkerhoff has left the building...

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed. The next time I need a big chunk of metal cut I will call you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. I don't remmeber using any cool tools like that in school. I madea mirrror in woodshop, lots of sanding but no blow torch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the little dially knobs alone have me scared off. Ms. Sorenson, a D- for YOU!

    ReplyDelete