Saturday, July 18, 2009

What a "Weekend"!

The second half of the previous week was really fun...

Cindy's parents, Grandma Jeanie and Grandpa Joe, came over for a couple of days, and came with us on our trip to Uncle Richard's...

Oh, but I'm forgetting something. I have a big bike tour from Astoria to Portland, Oregon from July 22-25 with my Young Men's group at church, so we've been taking some practice rides. On Wednesday, we drove up to Point Defiance, and did the entire five-mile loop around the point. It was a darn good workout, and I was even closer to being all set for the big ride a week from then...

The next day, we packed up and drove out to Uncle Richard's cabin on Mason Lake, along with Zoe Ferguson, one of Cindy's daycare kids who was hanging out with us all week. Richard wasn't there at first, he was working. No worries, though, even without the Wave Runners (you may know them as Jet-Skis) and the boat/big innertube, we had fun just swimming with the smaller innertubes and inflatable sharks. The sharks themselves worked like (word deleted), but Ellysa, who was out taking pictures of us with my Dad's fancy camera, got a great shot of me with it:


(currently my Facebook profile picture, BTW, and yes, I DO have hairy armpits)

Then Uncle Richard and Aunt Dorothy came out later that afternoon, and we got to do a little Wave Running.

We also had a family who used to go to our church but now live somewhere outside of Belfair, the Bullocks, come over, and all of us had a grand old time.

Kaylee, Zoe, Tyler, and I sat down to watch "Get Smart" (Kaylee's 3rd favorite movie, behind "Twilight" and "Enchanted"), but everyone but me fell fast asleep about 30 minutes in, so I just watched the rest alone, and got to bed at 1:15 PM...

...yet I was the second one out of bed in our cabin the next morning (nothing unusual for me). I was out in the water before anyone else, and Ellysa got some more pictures. Here's what she got of me:


BUOY BOY!!! (ACTION SHOT)

ME WITH A PINK INNERTUBE (ELLYSA'S REQUEST, ALSO COULD'VE BEEN FACEBOOK PIC)

JUMPING WITH SAID PINK INNERTUBE!

DOING THE MOONWALK... ON WATER!!!

Jonathan Bullock brought his own Jet-Ski out, along with a 180-in. innertube, which apparently goes extremely fast. Needless to say, Kaylee went on it multiple times with Zoe/one of the Bullock kids/Tyler.

I went on the innertube attached to Richard's boat with Tyler and... wow. I didn't fall off once, but my entire body slipped off the innertube at one point, getting me sprayed with a giant jet of water, and my swim trunks almost fell off, meaning I could've mooned someone (if they could notice it while we were going 60 mph). Yikes.

Wow, this post is getting kinda long; I think I'll end this here and continue on a new post...

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of the shark lying on its back on the dock. Your upcoming bike ride sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete