Sunday, July 19, 2009

What a "Weekend"!: Part Deux

Okay, where was I?

Oh, yeah, so I got totally whooped on the innertube, yet on the other hand, Tyler was totally impressed with how I managed to hold on the whole time (actually, so was I).

Ellysa got to drive the Wave Runner for the first time, so I got a ride with her (I'm planning on learning to drive one next time we're there), and then I headed inside for the final time.

Later that night, Richard and my Dad set up a projector and DVD player, along with a projection screen, and all of us grabbed some chairs, and we watched "Toy Story 2". I still have a hard time getting the "Woody's Roundup" theme song out of my head...

Next morning, me and Ellysa were woken up early to leave with G'ma and G'pa, as they had to go out and start their big trek across the country. Ellysa had to work at the Fircrest Pool, I had another practice bike ride that was presumably going to be on Anderson Island, which I was really excited about...

Well, I was slightly disappointed to learn that we wouldn't be doing that, as only 3 of us showed up, so instead we went up to Pt. Defiance again, riding this time, and didn't take the whole five-mile loop, but still rode around a little. But then we went back south and headed across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge (which I had crossed back over just hours ago, coming home), and back. So, Anderson Island or not, it was still a fun ride.

A couple hours after getting home, I was picked up by my step dad Dave on the motorcycle (see here for more details) to go to my cousin Haylee's going-away party in Covington (my Uncle Ian's, Haylee's biological dad, house). Haylee's biological mom and her new husband moved to Texas and she was just visiting and she's heading home this Wednesday (day of my bike ride, what a coincidence!). I then got taken home by Mom later that night.

This morning, we were going to Aunt Linda's local church for her son and my cousin Nathan's homecoming (he was in Germany for two years on a mission). Along with his talk, Kaylee and my cousin Kevin sang a duet of "A Believer's Prayer". While I was nervous about going to a church where I hardly knew anyone, I actually hooked up with one of the priests in Sunday School, and the lessons we learned in both that and priesthood (in Sunday School we learned about Zion's Camp, and in Priesthood about forgiveness, story of Joseph) were great, too.

We then went back to Aunt Linda's house for lunch, where we had ham, rolls, fruit salad (courtesy of Uncle Richard, who had come to church with us that morning as well), veggies, and for dessert, BROWNIES, complete with "shell" fudge sauce and vanilla ice cream, the same huge "Cash-n-Carry" container we had out at the lake. Then we came home and did nothing in particular, up until I decided to write a post about my weekend, and... well, here we are.

So that was my action-packed weekend, how was yours?

Andrew Brinkerhoff, signing on.





...






(oops, I meant "off", sorry...)

2 comments:

  1. Mine was ALSO Action Packed!! Thanks for writing the thorough review - saves me the trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can assure you that my weekend was nowhere as spectacular as yours. In fact it was a little weak. tee hee
    Get it? I said weak.

    ReplyDelete