Friday, August 13, 2010

"Favor Boy" to the Rescue!!!

... back and forth... back and forth... BACK AND FORTH...

Tonight was the kick-off for the Fircrest Fun Days at the park down the street, and Dad's running the Tech Services 4 All booth. Cindy and I had to run to Cash and Carry to get a big bag of candy for the Fun Days parade tomorrow, but we ended up going to Costco instead. We got polish sausages (well, Cindy may have had a hot dog, I dunno) and drinks for me, Cindy, and Dad. I was in charge of filling mine and Dad's sodas, and wouldn't you know it, I FORGOT THE ICE! :P

So we drove back home; well, actually Cindy dropped me off at the park to deliver Dad's food to him. I finished off my dinner at the booth, and then Dad asked me if when I went home I could grab his laptop and cellphone-charging cable. So I RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN up the hill back to the house, where I got what Dad had requested, and Cindy also gave me a tablecloth to give Dad so that his booth would look better. So I RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN back down to the park and gave Dad the goods (he was actually going to ask for a tablecloth but forgot), and so my work was don...

"Hey Andy, could you run up to the house and get my laptop bag?"

... okay, so I couldn't just say "NO" to that request, so I RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN back up the hill to the house to get the laptop bag, which Cindy said was lying on their bed. So I picked it up and then RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN back down to the park to give it to him. So I was done, right?

Notta chance.

"Hey Andy, I have one more favor, although it can probably wait."

"What is it?"

"Could you run up and get the stakes to hold the tent down so it doesn't blow away? They're in the bag the tent came in, in a little plastic bag, in the back of my car."

How could I refuse??? So I RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN back up to the house, and found the car was locked. I looked ALL OVER for those car keys, but it was like they had disappeared into thin air!

This wasn't working for me, so I RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN (starting to get kinda repetitive, huh?) back down to Dad's booth, and told him I couldn't find his keys. So he laughed, opened up his box of "Virus Busters" t-shirts, which by the way this logo on them:


... and pulled out his car keys!!!

Geez Dad, why didn't you give me those earlier??? All right, so anyways I was about to RUUUUUUUUN back up to the house again, but then:

"Oh, hey Andy, could you bring me down some chap stick too?"

It wouldn't be right to NOT grab one extra thing for him (pardon the double negative), so, sure enough, I RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN back up to the house, opened up the back of Dad's car, tried to find the stakes, FOUND the stakes, got a brand-new chap stick since I couldn't find an already-open one, and then RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN all the way back to Dad's booth, and gave him the stuffs.

I asked if he was SURE that he didn't need anything else from the house, and he said he was positive. So I RAAAAAAAaaaaa...aaaa...aaaan back up to the house for the final time.

Dad said I could have some ice cream as a reward for all my running around, so I think I'll do that now. :)

FAVOR BOY SAVES THE DAY AGAIN!!!!!!!!

P.S.: Tech Services 4 All is in the Fircrest Fun Days parade tomorrow, so if you're in the Tacoma area, try to come!

Favor Bo... ahem, Andrew Brinkerhoff, signing off.

3 comments:

  1. Andrew, you are awesome! Hey, next time you come to the Tri-cities, I have a few favors to ask....

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright I will quit aomplaining about how many times I went up and down that hill this weekend. YOU win for sure!

    oh hey.. and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andy!! You did a GREAT job, and my lips were very thankful for the chapstick!

    ReplyDelete