Sunday, October 18, 2009

Victory is Ours!!!

We had our third home game (second I've played at) last Friday night, against Bellarmine Prep.



Now, Friday afternoon was tough for me, because I had the Algebra assignment from H-E-double-hockey-sticks (so hard that today, neither my grandparents, who were up visiting from Alaska, or Mom or step-dad Dave were able to get anywhere with it, and they read the instructions in the book to understand; I still haven't finished the assignment), and I had to get all my stuff ready to go to Mom's (Dad and Cindy got on a plane for California at noon, so they weren't home), only to find my laptop bag was nowhere to be found. I was really stressing, but things got better that night...



Okay, so we got to Mt. Tahoma High School (for those who didn't get to see my post about our last home game, we play at Mt. T's stadium since Foss doesn't have one), and it was pouring down rain. It let up a little, but Mom and I weren't sure if the game would be cancelled or not. I went in through the gate and around the stadium, and sure enough, Mr. Byrnes was standing by his truck with his umbrella, while my fellow band students were carrying the drumset up to the top row of the stadium (in separate parts), and he claimed that Foss never cancels a game for rain. So I got my trumpet and backpack (I could get bored again like last time, so I wanted to have something to do) and said bye to Mom as she drove off to go to the mall (she didn't stay this time), and the game began.

Well, the game wasn't too eventful, although we got a wicked touchdown in the 2nd quarter, which meant we got to play the fight song afterwards! Then at half time we played the same songs as last time ("Land of 1000 Dances", "Iron Man", and "Mony Mony", which we didn't play last time).

No more points were scored for the rest of the game, so we ended up winning 7-0! I felt much better than I had a couple of hours ago, thank goodness.

Oh, and the rain even completely stopped to honor our victory! The Weather Gods must be Foss fans... :)

Andrew Brinkerhoff ran out of sign-offs again. Darn.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! Gotta love a good WIN!

    Sorry about the laptop bag - I have it here in California with us, but I'll be bringing it home tomorrow night.

    Miss you buddy, but am glad to hear you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could help you with your Algebra (it is my specialty you know). Your post reminds me of playing in the rain at football games a long long long long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not at all surprised the game wasn't cancelled. If they cancelled games in Seattle (or Tacoma) for rain, there would never be more than three or four games a season. I'm glad your team won. And good luck with the math. I was thinking the whole time it was too bad for you that Janice wasn't around.

    ReplyDelete