Monday, August 10, 2009

My Games...

All right, one reason I'm posting about this is just so I can get at least ONE post up this month (I may get another up if my braces come off at the end of August), and also just because I think some might be interested. Anyways, onto the post...

Two years ago I created a joke game for my Dad for Halloween, called "Andy's Dad in: HIS OWN NIGHTMARE!":


Dad loved it so much he put it on the blog for the readers to play, and I came up with an idea: make a contest out of it! The whole game is about Andy's Dad running away from ghosts, and nothing more. You get a higher score depending on how long you avoid the ghosts before getting hit. So there's a high score table to keep track of your progress (and an awesome soundbite, turn up the volume and listen to what happens after you get hit!). The deal was the person to get the highest score would win a bag of candy corn. Unfortunately, someone had to easy a time
with the game, finding a spot to hide, and got a score of over 45,000 (believe me, that takes a LOT of time to get). So I modified it a bit to make it longer, and the contest resumed. But we never got around to the candy corn prize, since I think people stopped playing after a while.
Anyways, I made it with a program called "Game Maker", whose current website is Yo You Games.com. People join and become members, then make and upload games onto the site. Some are WAY ahead of mine, but most of my games outside of the one mentioned above aren't really too great, or too playable for that matter...
To see my stock of games uploaded on YYG, click the link below this sentence, but be aware that you MAY have to download their "Game Player" onto your internet (or you can also click a link near the bottom of the page to just download the games, if you don't have Vista).
Have fun browsing!
(Andrew Brinkerhoff, signing off.)

No comments:

Post a Comment